Woolpert is the premier architecture, engineering, geospatial (AEG), and strategic consulting firm, with a vision to become one of the best companies in the world. We innovate within and across markets to effectively serve public, private, and government clients worldwide.
Woolpert is a Global Top 100 Geospatial Company, a Top 100 ENR Global Design firm, earned six straight Great Place to Work certifications, and actively nurtures a culture of growth, inclusion, diversity, and respect. Founded in 1911 in Dayton, Ohio, Woolpert has been America’s fastest-growing AEG firm since 2015 with over 2,000 employees and more than 60 offices on five continents.
In the Asia-Pacific region, Woolpert specialises in the collection, analysis and delivery of spatial data. We capture measurement and location data by surveying the built and natural environments from the air, ground and over water. We deliver digital solutions of the physical world. Our clients use our products and spatial data to plan, design, build and manage their assets, infrastructure and environments. This is a technical industry where innovation and technologies are constantly evolving.
Your new role:
The Airborne Sensor Operator roles can be based in WA, NSW or VIC.
- Perform operational duties associated with the acquisition of airborne LiDAR and imagery (airborne LiDAR and camera system operation);
- Coordinate flying missions with the survey pilot or aircraft provider;
- Ensure that all planned airborne sorties are carried out in an accurate and timely manner and support the processing, exploitation and dissemination of collected information;
- Quality control of acquired data; and
- Carry out flight planning duties for NZ operations and as allocated by the Chief Airborne Sensor Operator.
What you will have:
- Technical qualifications in LiDAR and camera systems and/or spatial science and/or photography
- Comfortable operating in unpressurised light aircraft at various altitudes for extended periods.
- Operating knowledge of aerial survey sensors and flight planning software
- An understanding of meteorology
- Advanced computer skills with an emphasis on MS based software
- Attain and maintain a red Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- 5+ years relevant experience (desired)
You’ll need to be prepared for weekend work, working for periods away from home and occasional long days when on roster.
What’s in it for you:
- Being part of a talented and motivated multidisciplinary team, with a focus on building high quality geospatial solutions and products
- Opportunities to receive training and/or exposure to other facets of the Woolpert business for career development
- Flexible and supportive working environment
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and family members
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice
Please note that only suitable candidates with a cover letter will be contacted
Interested in joining our team? Send your cover letter and resume (1 document) to email@example.com or apply by clicking the Apply button.
Confidentiality assured. Please note only applications with unlimited work rights in Australia need apply; only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.