Woolpert is the premier architecture, engineering, geospatial (AEG), and strategic consulting firm, with a vision to become one of the best companies in the world. We innovate within and across markets to effectively serve public, private, and government clients worldwide.
Woolpert is a Global Top 100 Geospatial Company, a Top 100 ENR Global Design firm, earned six straight Great Place to Work certifications, and actively nurtures a culture of growth, inclusion, diversity, and respect. Founded in 1911 in Dayton, Ohio, Woolpert has been America’s fastest-growing AEG firm since 2015 with over 2,000 employees and more than 60 offices on five continents.
In the Asia-Pacific region, Woolpert specialises in the collection, analysis and delivery of spatial data. We capture measurement and location data by surveying the built and natural environments from the air, ground and over water. We deliver digital solutions of the physical world. Our clients use our products and spatial data to plan, design, build and manage their assets, infrastructure and environments. This is a technical industry where innovation and technologies are constantly evolving.
Your new role
This is a permanent full-time position and can be based in Sydney, Wollongong, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, or Napier (New Zealand).
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Key account management and selling of Woolpert’s industry leading Aerial LiDAR data offering;
- Identify leads in your accounts for other Woolpert disciplines including consulting, advisory, surveying and GIS
- Apply your technical and market knowledge across your target verticals and product line to grow revenue;
- Develop new business based on both proactive and reactive lead and opportunity nurturing;
- Work with Project Managers to identify, address and resolve project issues impacting on client goals, objectives and/or client satisfaction; and
- Travel to client sites and attendance/participation at local conferences, seminars and trade shows to continue to grow Woolpert’s client base and strengthen its presence in the market.
You are a Geospatial / Surveying / GIS Professional, passionate about working with clients to develop solutions that deliver value for both them and Woolpert. You are a creative thinker that draws on Woolpert’s suite of offerings to design innovative solutions to client problems. You bring your experience to contribute to the development of the sales team and opportunity conversion rates.
- Previous experience in at least one of the following areas: geospatial data (imagery or LiDAR), engineering, energy or mining, GIS/geospatial software;
- Sound knowledge at least two vertical markets in Australia, e.g. Government, Utilities, Mining, Resources, Infrastructure and Engineering; and
- Knowledge of relevant leading-edge geospatial technologies, trends and data.
In addition, skills in the following areas are highly desired:
- Well-developed solution selling skills in the B2B environment with a proven track record of meeting targets. Alternatively coaching and mentoring will be provided.
- Strong commercial acumen including negotiation and selling skills;
- A passion for spatial solutions and technology and a strong commitment to personal excellence, with demonstrated self-motivation and resourcefulness.
What we’re looking for
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in spatial sciences, geomatics, engineering, GIS or computing sciences.
- 5+ years sales or technical experience in the geospatial field.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities, enabling effective collaboration with diverse teams and clients.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of a talented and motivated sales team.
- Opportunities to receive training exposure to other facets of the Woolpert Geospatial business for career development.
- Flexible hours and hybrid home/office working environment.
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and family members.
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice.
Please note that only suitable candidates with a cover letter will be contacted.
Interested in joining our team? Send your cover letter and resume (1 document) to Recruitment.APAC@woolpert.com or apply by clicking the Apply button.
Confidentiality assured. Please note only applications with unlimited work rights in Australia need apply; only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.