We are an Australian geospatial services company that has been in business for over 60 years. Our offices are located across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates. Last year we joined a larger American company – Woolpert, a leading Architecture, Engineering and Geospatial Services company with 1,600+ employees. AAM specialises in the collection, analysis and delivery of spatial data. We capture measurement and location data by surveying the built and natural environments from the air, on the ground and over water. We build digital maps and models of the physical world. Our clients use our maps, models and spatial data to plan, design, build and manage their assets, infrastructure and environments. This is a technical industry where innovation and technologies are constantly evolving.
Your new role
The GIS Consultant position involves hands on consulting and interaction with AAM customers, both on site and from the office. This is a technical and consultative role that will work within the growing team of talented Geospatial Specialists to ensure that we deliver quality solutions and products on high profile geospatial projects nationally. You will be utilizing latest software and technology to produce innovative workflow solutions. Experienced in technical or business documentation, liaise with our clients and deliver outcomes within the constraints of scope, quality, time and budget.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver broad range of geospatial consulting services including deployment, configuration, support Geocortex and Esri suite of products.
- Perform activities including but not limited to server/network administration, application testing, demonstration, documentation and training.
- Manage the quality of deliverables and troubleshoot issues.
- Undertake domestic travel as required.
What we’re looking for
To be successful in this role you will already have prior experience in a similar role together with:
- Experience with Web GIS technologies, preferably Geocortex
- Proven ability to be self-sufficient, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Have excellent written as well as verbal communication skills and build strong relationships with peers and customers.
- Substantial experience with geospatial technologies including Esri products, enterprise IT environments and cloud technology.
- Experience in standard IT management techniques and tool such as Agile, Lean, Github, Jira.
- Working knowledge of any programming/scripting experience and experience will be well regarded
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of a talented and motivated multidisciplinary team, with a focus on building high quality geospatial solutions and products
- Opportunities to receive training and/or exposure to other facets of the AAM business for career development
- Flexible and supportive working environment
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and family members
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in computing science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or Geomatics sciences.
- Three or more years consulting and/or business analysis experience in a related industry.
- National Police Clearance.
- Must hold current permanent and full-time working rights in Australia.
Please note that only suitable candidates with a cover letter will be contacted
Interested in joining our team? Send your cover letter and resume (1 document) to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply by clicking the Apply button.
Confidentiality assured. Please note only applications with unlimited work rights in Australia need apply; only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
In line with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all employees of AAM are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a genuine medical contraindication.