Location: Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney or Perth
Woolpert is the premier architecture, engineering, geospatial (AEG), and strategic consulting firm, with a vision to become one of the best companies in the world. We innovate within and across markets to effectively serve public, private, and government clients worldwide.
Woolpert is a Global Top 100 Geospatial Company, a Top 100 ENR Global Design firm, earned six straight Great Place to Work certifications, and actively nurtures a culture of growth, inclusion, diversity, and respect. Founded in 1911 in Dayton, Ohio, Woolpert has been America’s fastest-growing AEG firm since 2015 with over 2,000 employees and more than 60 offices on five continents.
In the Asia-Pacific region, Woolpert specialises in the collection, analysis and delivery of spatial data. We capture measurement and location data by surveying the built and natural environments from the air, ground and over water. We deliver digital solutions of the physical world. Our clients use our products and spatial data to plan, design, build and manage their assets, infrastructure and environments. This is a technical industry where innovation and technologies are constantly evolving.
Your new role
The GIS Consultant position involves hands on consulting and interaction with Woolpert’s customers, both on site and from the office. This is a technical and consultative role that will work within the growing team of talented Geospatial Specialists to ensure that we deliver quality solutions and products on high profile geospatial projects nationally. You will be utilizing latest software and technology to produce innovative workflow solutions. Experienced in technical or business documentation, liaise with our clients and deliver outcomes within the constraints of scope, quality, time and budget.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver broad range of geospatial consulting services including deployment, configuration, support Geocortex/VertiGIS and Esri ArcGIS suite of products.
- Perform activities including but not limited to server/network administration, application deployment, configuration, testing, demonstration, documentation and training.
- Manage the quality of deliverables and troubleshoot issues.
- Undertake domestic travel as required.
What we’re looking for
To be successful in this role you will already have prior experience in a similar role together with:
- Experience with Web GIS technologies, preferably Geocortex/VertiGIS & Esri ArcGIS Enterprise and related applications.
- Proven ability to be self-sufficient, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Have excellent written as well as verbal communication skills and build strong relationships with peers and customers.
- Substantial experience with geospatial technologies including Esri ArcGIS and/or Open-Source geospatial products, enterprise IT environments and cloud computing technologies.
- Experience in IT management processes such as Agile, Lean and software development tool like Jira, Github and Jenkins.
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of a talented and motivated multidisciplinary team, with a focus on building high quality geospatial solutions and products for a wide range of customers.
- Opportunities to receive training and/or exposure to other facets of the Woolpert Geospatial business for career development.
- Flexible and supportive working environment.
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and family members.
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in computing science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or Geomatics sciences.
- Three or more years consulting, analyst and/or business analysis experience in a related industry.
- National Police Clearance.
- Must hold current permanent and full-time working rights in Australia.
Please note that only suitable candidates with a cover letter will be contacted.
Interested in joining our team? Send your cover letter and resume (1 document) to AAM-Recruitment@woolpert.com or apply by clicking the Apply button.
Confidentiality assured. Please note only applications with unlimited work rights in Australia need apply; only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.