Location: Melbourne or Perth based
Your new company:
We are an Australian geospatial services company that has been in business for over 60 years. Our offices are located across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates. Last year we joined a larger American company – Woolpert, a leading Architecture, Engineering and Geospatial Services company with 1,600+ employees. AAM specialises in the collection, analysis and delivery of spatial data. We capture measurement and location data by surveying the built and natural environments from the air, on the ground and over water. We build digital maps and models of the physical world. Our clients use our maps, models and spatial data to plan, design, build and manage their assets, infrastructure and environments. This is a technical industry where innovation and technologies are constantly evolving.
Your new role:
You will be part of our growing Geospatial team and will support the creation of new applications and custom integrations to support the needs of the Geospatial business unit. This role will include some client facing work and occasional second level support for our existing client applications and custom solutions.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing, testing, maintaining, and supporting GIS focused applications, tools, and web services.
- Developing software in an agile environment by working collaboratively with clients and key stakeholders to develop new products and refine existing product range.
- Providing second level support, troubleshooting, and enhancements for customised GIS applications, tools, and web services
- Enhancing and improving, usability, performance and compatibility of existing applications and services.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation, design specifications and support documentation.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic full-time software developer with a flair for designing and building intuitive applications, integrating 3rd party business systems, and working with our clients to take an idea from a concept to solution along with:
- Applications experience utilising RESTful web services, and cloud technologies
- Experience maintaining/reviewing existing code frameworks.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- National Police Clearance
- Travel to work at other AAM offices and projects on client sites may be required
What’s in it for you:
- Being part of a talented and motivated multidisciplinary team, with a focus on building high quality geospatial solutions and products
- Opportunities to receive training and/or exposure to other facets of the AAM business for career development
- Flexible and supportive working environment
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and family members
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in IT, computer science, software engineering or geomatics
- National police clearance
- Must hold permanent and full working rights in Australia
Desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of GIS/ Esri ArcGIS platform
- Web + Mobile applications development.
- Python server-side development.
- Geocortex Essentials development and integration.
- .NET MVC, AngularJS, Node.js
- IIS 8+ installing/configuring/administration experience.
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of Agile software development (SCRUM)
Please note that only suitable candidates with a cover letter will be contacted
Interested in joining our team? Send your cover letter and resume (1 document) to email@example.com or apply by clicking the Apply button.
Confidentiality assured. Please note only applications with unlimited work rights in Australia need apply; only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
In line with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all employees of AAM are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a genuine medical contraindication.