AAM, a Woolpert Company, is regarded as one of the most established and largest Survey companies in Australia with core specialties in high-rise construction, large vertical subdivisions, infrastructure audit and monitoring, UAV aerial mapping and laser scanning/BIM creation. AAM is headquartered in Australia and has offices across New Zealand, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our offices range in size from 20—50 staff, with almost half of these dedicated solely to the Survey group. Many of the Survey Group Team members have been with AAM for more than 5 to 10 years and in some cases over 30 years. Join AAM to become a valued part of a specialised team, do rewarding work, in an interesting field, and achieve remarkable things everyday with us and throughout your career.
Your new role:
AAM is looking for a Surveyor / Survey Technician / Hydrographic Surveyor for a bathymetric survey in a selected number of river systems in northern NSW including the Richmond River, Tweed River between Tweed Heads, Ballina, Casino and Lismore. The survey program is expected to continue for approximately 6 months with extension. A number of roster options are available, depending on the specifics and locations of candidates. This role is also open to surveyors on contract.
Reporting to the local Survey Manager or Project Manager, you’ll manage your work to ensure timely delivery to your clients. An integral element of the role will be displaying leadership and keeping ahead of delivery and accuracy requirements.
What you will do:
- Execution of day-to-day field survey along the river.
- Consult and advise Project Manager on surveying issues.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with our Safety Management System and client site safety requirements.
- Provide administrative information as required including timesheets, docketing, invoicing assistance and QA records.
What you will ideally have:
- General experience in GPS field survey techniques (RTK and static).
- Familiarity with Leica survey equipment, in particular GS15 / CS15 / CS20 GPS and controllers – viva and captivate software.
- Resident in NSW or QLD.
- Must have a white card.
- Must possess valid driver licence (can drive a manual 4WD).
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with safe operation of small boats.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate and direct the survey field team.
- Experience in the use of survey specific software such as 12d, Civil3d,AutoCAD, Liscad, Terramodel.
Attractive remuneration for the right candidates.
Interested in joining our team? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply by clicking the Apply button.
Confidentiality assured. Please note only applications with unlimited work rights in Australia need apply; only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment.