Woolpert is the premier architecture, engineering, geospatial (AEG), and strategic consulting firm, with a vision to become one of the best companies in the world. We innovate within and across markets to effectively serve public, private, and government clients worldwide.
Woolpert is a Global Top 100 Geospatial Company, a Top 100 ENR Global Design firm, earned six straight Great Place to Work certifications, and actively nurtures a culture of growth, inclusion, diversity, and respect. Founded in 1911 in Dayton, Ohio, Woolpert has been America’s fastest-growing AEG firm since 2015 with over 2,000 employees and more than 60 offices on five continents.
In the Asia-Pacific region, Woolpert specialises in the collection, analysis and delivery of spatial data. We capture measurement and location data by surveying the built and natural environments from the air, ground and over water. We deliver digital solutions of the physical world. Our clients use our products and spatial data to plan, design, build and manage their assets, infrastructure and environments. This is a technical industry where innovation and technologies are constantly evolving.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Solutions Architect to join our team and play a pivotal role in shaping our clients’ success through expertly crafted and innovative technological solutions.
Your new role
As a Solutions Architect you will use your extensive knowledge, skills and passion for enterprise architecture and GIS to design, document, and implement contemporary well architected solutions and provide technical guidance to facilitate the sales of software and services. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Solution Design and Development: Support the Business Development team with technical input for bid preparation (including RFPs, RFQs, RFIs) ensuring Woolpert’s solution proposals meet all functional, non-functional and architectural requirements.
- Technology Expertise: Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of a wide range of enterprise technologies, platforms, and architectural principles. Leverage your expertise in geospatial solutions to select the most appropriate technologies and frameworks to address specific client challenges and opportunities using industry standard patterns and best practices.
- Client Engagement: Act as a trusted advisor to our clients, understanding their business needs, and translate them into design specifications and actionable architecture designs. Communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and accessible manner.
- Prototyping and Testing: Develop prototypes of solutions against industry or specific customer requirements to validate the feasibility and functionality of proposed solutions.
- Business Advocacy: Represent and advocate Woolpert’s products, capabilities and services including VertiGIS/Geocortex, ArcGIS and other technologies at seminars, trade shows and conferences.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Foster strong relationships with internal business units and teams, to ensure seamless collaboration and alignment of the company vision to deliver projects and develop opportunities
You may also be required, within your skills, qualifications, and experience, to undertake other responsibilities and perform other duties or projects from time to time as the Company may require meeting its operating needs.
What we’re looking for
To be successful in this role you will already have prior experience in a similar role together with:
- Tertiary degree in relevant discipline (such as computer science, software engineering mathematics, survey, GIS, or geomatics).
- Solution Architect Certifications in AWS, Azure or MCSE, MCSA or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Solutions Architect designing and implementing enterprise GIS solutions/systems within complex technological landscapes.
- Extensive experience with Esri ArcGIS and or VertiGIS/Geocortex enterprise platforms.
- Proven track record of hands-on designing and implementing scalable and reliable solutions using Esri ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and their associated APIs or interfaces.
- Comprehensive practical experience across platform architecture, solution design, project planning, software development, software deployment, security, identity management cloud, and scalability.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities, enabling effective collaboration with diverse teams and clients.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of a talented and motivated technical team
- Opportunities to receive training exposure to other facets of the Woolpert Geospatial business for career development.
- Flexible hours and hybrid home/office working environment.
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and family members.
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice.
Please note that only suitable candidates with a cover letter will be contacted.
Interested in joining our team? Send your cover letter and resume (1 document) to Recruitment.APAC@woolpert.com or apply by clicking the Apply button.
Confidentiality assured. Please note only applications with unlimited work rights in Australia need apply; only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.