AAM’s Survey Teams in Melbourne, Wollongong, Sydney, Brisbane, and Perth are looking for staff who would like to increase and build on their current Survey knowledge. We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals who are looking to progress to the next level while experiencing innovative technology on a diverse range of projects.
AAM, a Woolpert Company, is regarded as one of the most established and largest Survey companies in Australia with core specialties in high-rise construction, large vertical subdivisions, infrastructure audit and monitoring, UAV aerial mapping and laser scanning/BIM creation. AAM is headquartered in Australia and has offices across New Zealand, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our offices range in size from 20—50 staff, with almost half of these dedicated solely to the Survey group. Many of the Survey Group Team members have been with AAM for more than 5 to 10 years and in some cases over 30 years. Join AAM to become a valued part of a specialized team, do rewarding work, in an interesting field, and achieve remarkable things everyday with us and throughout your career.
Your new role:
- This is a full-time permanent position
- Based in Melbourne, Wollongong, Sydney, Brisbane, or Perth and reporting to the local Survey coordinator
- Exposure to a diverse range of projects and Survey equipment
- A versatile surveying role with lots of room for problem solving on a variety of projects
- An integral element of the role will be displaying leadership and keeping up to date with emerging technologies with specific emphasis on general survey
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with our Safety Management System and client safety requirements
- Consult and advise customers on spatially related issues while on sites.
- Work closely with assistants, training of junior personnel may be required.
- Provide timely administrative information as required including timesheets, invoicing assistance and QA records
- Deliver results in a professional manner to the client and / or Job Manager
- Overtime provision and Salary Continuance Insurance
- Learning from skilled colleagues and a variety of survey work and travel, tools of trade
- Flexible and supportive work/life balance environment
- Ability to work on remote projects across Australia and the Oceania Rim plus Live and work local
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and family members
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice
- Relocation Assistance to different locations
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years practical experience in engineering, construction and feature surveys in Australia/NZ
- Knowledge and familiarity with Leica instrumentation and AutoCAD software
- Knowledge and familiarity with Terrestrial Laser Scanning and point cloud processing
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the best practice survey techniques and be thoroughly competent in the use of survey equipment and software systems
- The ability to modify established guides and devise new approaches
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to consult with clients on a wide range of issues
- Construction set-out, detail, monitoring with on-site party leader experience.
- University degree or TAFE Diploma in Surveying
- Current clean and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must hold a valid visa or full-time working rights in Australia
Interested in joining our team? Send your cover letter and resume (1 document) to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply by clicking the Apply button.
Confidentiality assured. Please note only applications with unlimited work rights in Australia need apply; only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.