Expression of Interest
Woolpert is the premier architecture, engineering, geospatial (AEG), and strategic consulting firm, with a vision to become one of the best companies in the world. We innovate within and across markets to effectively serve public, private, and government clients worldwide.
Woolpert is a Global Top 100 Geospatial Company, a Top 100 ENR Global Design firm, earned six straight Great Place to Work certifications, and actively nurtures a culture of growth, inclusion, diversity, and respect. Founded in 1911 in Dayton, Ohio, Woolpert has been America’s fastest-growing AEG firm since 2015 with over 2,000 employees and more than 60 offices on five continents.
In the Asia-Pacific region, Woolpert specialises in the collection, analysis and delivery of spatial data. We capture measurement and location data by surveying the built and natural environments from the air, ground and over water. We deliver digital solutions of the physical world. Our clients use our products and spatial data to plan, design, build and manage their assets, infrastructure and environments. This is a technical industry where innovation and technologies are constantly evolving.
Your new role
- Based in Melbourne, Wollongong, Sydney, Brisbane, or Perth and reporting to the local Survey Coordinator
- Exposure to a diverse range of projects and Survey equipment
- A versatile surveying role with lots of room for problem solving on a variety of projects
- An integral element of the role will be displaying leadership and keeping up to date with emerging technologies with specific emphasis on general survey
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with our Safety Management System and client safety requirements
- Consult and advise customers on spatially related issues while on sites.
- Work closely with assistants, training of junior personnel may be required.
- Provide timely administrative information as required including timesheets, invoicing assistance and QA records
- Deliver results in a professional manner to the client and / or Job Manager
What we’re looking for
- 1-2 years practical experience in engineering, construction and feature surveys in Australia/NZ
- Knowledge and familiarity with Leica instrumentation and AutoCAD software
- Knowledge and familiarity with Terrestrial Laser Scanning and point cloud processing
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the best practice survey techniques and be thoroughly competent in the use of survey equipment and software systems
- The ability to modify established guides and devise new approaches
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to consult with clients on a wide range of issues
- Construction set-out, detail, monitoring with on-site party leader experience.
What’s in it for you
- Overtime provision and Salary Continuance Insurance
- Learning from skilled colleagues and a variety of survey work and travel, tools of trade
- Flexible and supportive work/life balance environment
- Ability to work on remote projects across Australia and the Oceania Rim plus Live and work local
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and family members
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice
- Relocation Assistance to different locations
- University degree or TAFE Diploma in Surveying
- Current clean and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must hold a valid visa or full-time working rights in Australia
Interested in joining our team? Send your cover letter and resume (1 document) to Recruitment.APAC@woolpert.com or apply by clicking the Apply button.
Please note that only suitable candidates with a cover letter will be contacted. Confidentiality assured. Please note only applications with unlimited work rights in Australia need apply.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.