Looking for sea change in your surveying career?
Join a local team with global expertise
Mapping the world takes talented people
Our Wollongong team is looking for surveyors who would like to increase and build on their current skills and knowledge.
We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated individuals who want to progress to the next level while experiencing innovative technology on a diverse range of projects.
Your new role:
- This is a full-time permanent position.
- Based in Wollongong and reporting to the local survey coordinator.
- Exposure to a diverse range of projects and Survey equipment.
- A versatile surveying role with lots of room for problem solving on a variety of projects.
- An integral element of the role will be displaying leadership and keeping up to date with emerging technologies with specific emphasis on general survey.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with our Safety Management System and client safety requirements.
- Consult and advise customers on spatially related issues while on sites.
- Work closely with assistants, training of junior personnel may be required.
- Provide timely administrative information as required including timesheets, invoicing assistance and QA records.
- Deliver results in a professional manner to the client and / or Job Manager.
- Overtime provision and Salary Continuance Insurance.
- Learning from skilled colleagues and a variety of survey work and travel, tools of trade.
- Flexible and supportive work/life balance environment.
- Ability to work on remote projects across Australia and the Oceania Rim plus Live and work local.
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and family members.
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice.
- Relocation Assistance to different locations.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years practical experience in engineering, construction and feature surveys in Australia/NZ.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Leica instrumentation and AutoCAD software.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Terrestrial Laser Scanning and point cloud processing.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the best practice survey techniques and be thoroughly competent in the use of survey equipment and software systems.
- The ability to modify established guides and devise new approaches.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to consult with clients on a wide range of issues.
- Construction set-out, detail, monitoring with on-site party leader experience.
- University degree or TAFE Diploma in Surveying.
- Current clean and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Must hold a valid visa or full-time working rights in Australia
Wollongong – perfect mix of location and lifestyle
Adorned by rainforest-covered escarpment and the stunning golden beaches of the South Coast, NSW’s third-largest city is a fun, vibrant and delicious urban centre that offers diverse appeal. Dial up the adventure by going skydiving, playing golf or cycling, or discover beautiful botanic gardens, relaxed cafes and restaurants, and a thriving arts scene.
The city also has a vibrant arts precinct, centred on the Wollongong Art Gallery, one of Australia’s finest regional art galleries that houses a large collection of contemporary, Aboriginal, Asian and colonial artworks. At the Illawarra Performing Arts Centre, there are three venues that host theatre, music and comedy.
At AAM we believe that great companies are built from great people!
A large part of what makes us the organisation we are is our culture, built by the diverse community of people that work with us.
We respect each other’s unique backgrounds and experiences of our team members, our clients and suppliers, and we embrace all of them equally.
Enjoy a variety of work
Live & work locally
Woolpert is a geospatial technology company, specialising in collection, analysis and integration of geospatial information.
Woolpert is regarded as one of the most established and largest Survey companies in the Asia-Pacific with core specialties in high-rise construction, large vertical subdivisions, infrastructure audit and monitoring, UAV aerial mapping and laser scanning/BIM creation.
Woolpert believes that digital maps and measurement make our world a better place. By capturing, measuring and presenting geospatial data, Woolpert helps clients make more informed decisions in an increasingly complex world.
Does Woolpert sound like an organisation you want to be a part of?
Whether you are newly graduated, looking for a new direction or have previous experience we would love to hear from you.
Want to see more?
For a sneak peek of what life is like at AAM, follow us on our LinkedIn feed, and check out #LifeatAAM while you’re there.